POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : media explosion : media explosion Server Time
3 Jul 2024 02:25:27 EDT (-0400)
  media explosion
From: Roman Reiner
Date: 4 Jun 2006 12:25:01
Message: <web.4483091553b50c87bc5968660@news.povray.org>
I found this animation when I browsed my harddrive on the search for old
deleteable stuff. I made this about half a year ago. It's an explosion
effect made with emissive and absorbing media and excessive use of
blackhole and turbulence warps. I think it came along quite nice.

Rendertimes are however a problem. IIRC this animation took several hours to
render. I tried once to convert them to df3 files but it was too difficult
as I would have had to render slices of every frame for every color channel
seperately. But I could give it a try once again with the macro which David
El Tom has posted here just recently...

Two frames can be found here so that you know what you're downloading:
http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~ugblh/data/explosion_prev1.jpg
http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~ugblh/data/explosion_prev2.jpg

Regards Roman

Post a reply to this message